According to a study amongst 50,000 participants, patients who had to abandon their spa cares during the pandemic declared that their pain and symptoms had worsened (63.5% vs 13.4%) and their ability to perform daily tasks were also significantly reduced as well as their quality of life. On top of that, the patients who had to give up their medical spa stay saw an increase in the number of consultations they had with health professionals (26.5% vs 8.3%) as well as their consumption of medications (30.1% vs 6.5%). Mental health became a central focus and saw the introduction of Long Covid programs, and this demand is growing fast.
Our members were the first to react and begin delivering solutions for Covid-19 treatment. Treating patients infected with the virus became a top priority in balneology. Spa medicine offers a natural solution to reduce symptomps of the infection and is an effective promoter of a healthy imune system.
Impacts of Covid-19 on Labour Force and Recovery Peculiarities
New research findings published by Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Center
Co-authored by Csilla Mezosi, Secretary General of the European Spas Association
More than 4 Million EU citizens should recieve special spa therapy programme NOW!
1% has Long Covid now. That is 4.25 million patients in the EU.
At the Long COVID conference on 13 December 2022, The European Commission realised that 10%-20% of people that were infected by SARS-CoV-2 developed Long COVID, which expresses itself via 60 symptoms. At least 17 million people (4% of the EU population) in the WHO European Region experienced Long COVID in the first two years of the pandemic 2020-2021.
We assume that 1 out of 4 of these Long Covid patients – especially the ones where the corona virus entered the deep brain via the rhinal and visual neural tract, the best treatment facility with expertise are offered in the European Medical Spas. According European Spas Study, every Long Covid patient needs at least 7 to 10 days/year for a spa therapy in health ressorts. Our new patients have a life “before” and a life “after” Covid-19. To help these patients get the maximum life quality, lung and heart capacity, the European Spas offers complex recovery programme using natural remedies.
ESPA representative in the EU Long Covid strategy:
Sven AERTS. He is Biochemical Engineer, Cognitive Scientist & Long Covid specialist. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Results of the first Virtual Forum 2020 about the CORONA RECOVERY CONCEPT
The European Spas Association is proud to present the first Virtual Forum about the CORONA RECOVERY CONCEPT in European medical spas and climate health resorts.
Innovation and good practice cases in rehabilitation for post-COVID-19 patients
The experts at the Forum talked about their experience and results of medical programs in European spa destinations:
- Dr. Martin Gehlen, Germany, Bad Pyrmont, Director of Rheumatology in Klinik DER FÜRSTENHOF: Rehabilitation for post Covid-19 patients and short presentation of a study on balneology
- Margrét Grímsdóttir, Iceland, Heilsustofnun NLFI, Director of Nursing: Treatment of post-Covid patients with chronic fatigue and cardiac illnesses. Utilization and results of balneology and natural remedies in medical rehabilitation
- Dr. Janka Zálešáková, Slovakia, Balneologist and ESPA Vice President: the Slovakian rehabilitation program for Corona recovery in medical spas and Obesity prevention program
- Dr. Olivier Dubois, France, Director of Thermes Saujon, Psychiatrist: The role of hydrotherapy in Post-Covid-19 care in Psychology
- Dr. Lafi Abu-Sirhan, Germany, Klinikzentrum Bad Sulza, Director of Pulmonology: Rehabilitation of post corona patients – therapy and the role of balneology and climatology in this context.